Good Thoughts Blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back from the Conference

I have recently returned from the Together 4 Each Other conference. I must say it was a tremendous time for togetherness. I believe my favorite seminar was “Holding Hands for Peace” In the 2 hour seminar we all 287 of us held hands and shared how this hand holding effects us. My friend Jim was new to this idea and was understandably nervous at first. However, it didn’t take long for him to warm up to the idea and he surprised me at his openness about how holding hands had effected him. Jim has always been a little skeptical. Not to offend anyone, but I think it may have been because he grew up a Southern Baptist.





The conference concluded Friday night with a wonderful speech from Rodney King. It is so sad what that man went through when all he wanted was for us all to get along. Rodney was still so upset he could barely contain himself. There were several times I thought he might not finish. He was obviously overwhelmed with emotion. Rodney our meditations go out to you. May the spirituality you pray in bring you peace.



We finished the night by lighting candles, walking around our meditation labyrinth, sharing our contemplative chants, and having a good group hug. As I write this post I am a little saddened that I am not having a group hug now. I think I will go hug my cats.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Screaming Pirate said…

    aww... how sweet tell me did they pass around the bunny this year and compared the soft little rabit to Gods love for us. aww.... "now every one pat the bunny". You know its a shame they dont alow dogs at the conference. And did rodney king bring his magical white fairy dust that he always uses to make him self happy. Oh and tell me how Jesus, personaly touched you.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Terry said…

    I heard about this Conference from Challies.com. I was so disappointed that no one live-blogged it. I realize that Tim wouldn't have been a good choice - it would have been too visual - but where was Marc with his digital camera?

    I'm not upset, though - all is forgiven. Group hug!

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Matt Brown said…

    Stauf46: I prefer to give "air hugs" as opposed to group hugs - I usually detect some level of body odor when I am forced to participate in a group hug, and I generally find body odor to be very offensive. When I give someone an "air hug," I usually stand at least 20 feet away from them so that I don't detect any body odor whatsoever. Since I can safely assume that we are more than 20 feet away from each other right now, Stauf46, I will give you an "air hug."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home